How to Download your Raw DNA Data from Ancestry.com
2) Click on "DNA" from the main navigation bar.
3) Select the first option from the drop-down menu ("Your DNA Results Summary").
4) In the large gray header, where is says "Hello, your name," click on the "Settings" button in the upper right-hand corner. (The "Test Settings" page will open).
5) On the Test Settings page, find the light gray "Actions" box on the right-hand side of the screen and click on the button that says, "Download Raw DNA Data." (You will be prompted to (a) enter your account password, (b) click the check box to accept the terms and (c) click "Confirm." Please do so. After you click "Confirm" a message will appear that says, "Almost there...." and you are prompted to check your email to complete the download process. (This is a security measure to ensure your privacy. It may take a few minutes to receive the email. Be patient...it could take up to 5 minutes. If you don't receive it, check your spam/junk folder or try downloading again.)
6) Open the email from Ancestry and click on the button, in the body of the email, that says, "Confirm Data Download." The "Download Raw Data" page will appear. Click on the button that says, "Download DNA Raw Data." 7) A dialog box will open and you will be prompted to SAVE the file. I recommend saving the file (which is a Zip folder) to your Desktop, for ease in locating it for future uploads to other DNA sites. You may also rename it, if you like. Note: DO NOT open it or extract files. You will be uploading the Zip folder intact.