How to Download your Raw DNA Data from 23andMe
Follow these steps to download your Raw DNA Data from 23andMe: 1) Log in to your account.
2) Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (a drop-down menu appears).
3) Click on "Browse Raw Data" 4) At the top of the screen and UNDER the main navigation bar, click on "Download." (The "Download Raw Data" page appears). 5) Scroll down the page to "Request your raw data download," check the box to accept the terms (a green check mark will appear) and then click "Submit request."
6) Open your email from 23andMe and click on the button, in the body of the email, that says "Download Raw Data." (For security purposes, you will be prompted to log in to 23andMe AGAIN. Note: You must do so, even if the site is open in another window, in order to complete the download.)
7) A message will appear that says, "Your Raw Data Download is Ready!" Click on the button that says, "Download raw data."
8) A dialog box will open and you will be prompted to SAVE the file. I recommend saving the file (which is a Zip folder) to your Desktop, for ease in locating it for future uploads to other DNA sites. You may also rename it, if you like. Note: DO NOT open it or extract files. You will be uploading the Zip folder intact.